Friday, December 18, 2015

Launch Out Into The Deep: A Review

I first stumbled on this gem of a book when I was browsing through a church bookstore. I had heard the author, Dr. Mark Rutland, preaching and was intrigued by his ability to catch, and hold, a large congregation's attention. When I saw this book by him, I wondered if his writing was as impressive as his preaching.

It took three sentences for me to be hooked. I like his approachability. Reading his book is like shaking his hand and talking to him in person. You can almost hear his voice coming through the pages, straight up, no nonsense, friendly but with a quiet air of authority. This guy knows what he's talking about, and you know that...from the get-go.

If you are, as I am, interested in books that go beyond the entertainment sector, and reach right inside your heart to grip you with conviction and heart, you won't be disappointed in this one. Dr. Rutland's commitment to his ministry is unmistakable, but the book isn't heavy-handed. His innate humor gleams throughout, and I found myself laughing out loud several times. At the same time, by the time I was through, I also found myself on my knees, tears falling down my cheeks, as I surrendered my life to God for whatever He has for me, for whatever calling He leads me to.

One thing is sure: you won't leave this book the same way  you came to it. Dr. Rutland's story will inspire, entertain and move you. Guaranteed.


No comments:

Post a Comment