Friday, December 18, 2015

Review: The Complete Slow Cooker Cookbook by Wendy Louise

Omigosh! I love this book so much. I bought it about three years ago, when my daughters and I were living in South Florida, twelve hours away from my mother and sisters, who are my go-to cooks whenever I attempt to cook, which is admittedly rare, but hey? what can I say? I say this, if you don't know how to cook and you happen to have a crock pot, RUN to the store and buy this book!

Why? I am, as stated above, NOT A COOK. I need directions for boiling water. I've been known to scald milk, turn scrambled eggs into scrambled pudding. I can't make a decent piece of toast. But I love my children and I want them to be healthy so I pulled myself together one day, bought the cheapest crock pot I could find, and...stared at it for a month. I had no idea what to do with it. Because I am basically a cheapskate and didn't want to waste money that I spent on the crock pot, I went looking for a cookbook to help me and I found this awesome one by Wendy Louise. My copy is dog-eared. There are food stains on its cover and back, and it's falling apart, but that's a good thing. It means, like that old velveteen bunny we all remember, IT IS LOVED.

It's broken into seven easy to understand chapters. You get the skinny on how to create delicious goodies like soups, stews, everyday entrees, leftovers or, as she calls them, "hand-me-down" entrees. Chapter 4 gives you the down-low on dinner entrees, while chapters 5, 6 and 7 are all about the extras...parties, sides, desserts and beverages.

You are going to love, I repeat, LOVE this book. It's not just about pot roast anymore! With this handy, helpful, easy to read guide, you'll be impressing your kids (and company!) in no time.
Hint: for the easiest recipe ever, turn to page 205.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment